BusinessObjects Board

Make it faster

Hello,

I got a report using the original BO DP and two other DP (Excel files I added by myself) with one featuring more than 50 000 rows… The problem is that the execution and every action (even changing a “,” in a cell) in the report are EXTREMELY slow…

Do you know a way (maybe changing the excel files into another type of document) to make all this faster?

Thanks very much for your help,

Regards,

BF

bfanon (BOB member since 2004-11-16)

Hi,

Its very natural that it takes a lot of time for the change to happen as BO has to re-paint the change that you do to all the 50,000 rows.

One way you can reduce the time is to work in ‘Structure’ mode, apply all your changes and switch-off from Structure mode.

Hope this helps…

Cheers!

chandrk :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-02)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help! But how do I do to switch into “Structure Mode”? I looked up in BO Help but I can’t find out how to do it.

Thanks again,

Regards,

BF

Go to the tool bar VIEW > STRUCTURE.

Also review your formulas/variables and make sure that you don’t have extra variable that the report isn’t using. Typically a 50,000 row report shouldn’t behave all that bad. There are also some formuals/variable that can slow down the report such a ranking.

Michele Pinti (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

A) Take a look at this FAQ Reporter entry.

B) See if you can unlink your data providers as linking of data providers adds a lot of computation time.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks everyone for your great help!

I’ll try all that!

Thanks again,

BF

And to make development a bit faster, how about using only a selective 100 or 1000 row Excel spreadsheet?
This way you can test all possible options and expected data while not having to deal with the massive recalculation.

KMB :uk: (BOB member since 2004-02-11)