BusinessObjects Board

Macro from Excel doesn't work in Deski

Hello all,

I am a new Business Objects user and I need help.

I have created a macro in excel which works fine (macro is in the word document attached)
this macro was made to be executed when pressing the refresh button in Desktop Inteligence.

However when I run the macro in Deski, it says “object doesn’t support this property or method.”

Anyone has an idea?

thanks

Alex
Macro_AlexMTL.doc (36.0 KB)

AlexMTL (BOB member since 2008-02-15)

Did you add the “Reference” to BusinessObjects XI Library…

Press Alt + F11, Go to Tools --> References --> Check and select the correct library, I remember it as BusinessObjects XI …

And, then compile and check, if you can get rid of that error.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Alex, I’ve looked at your code, and it has NOTHING to do with Business Objects whatsoever. It is totally Excel-based code (cells, ranges, workbooks, etc). It simply won’t work inside Desktop Intelligence.

Why don’t you give us a description of what you are trying to accomplish, and we can give you some direction from there.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello,

As I’ve mentionned I am really new to this (also to macros).

The macro is supposed to gather wanted information from log files and put it in an existing excel spreadsheet called EPM server logs.
The wanted information are all lines containing the name “dashboard” (They contain information about logins in the Dashboard server)

In deski i have made a report to show all users login history, I’ve sorted them by Last month, Last week, Last login.

The objective of the macro is when I press the refresh button, it will refresh the information in the excel file (by getting the latest log files) which Deski gets information from.

The macro works well in excel, all I want is to execute it from Deski when I press refresh.

How can I do this?

Don’t hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Thanks a lot for your support.

P.S: I’ve already added the excel references but it doesnt change the problem.

Does this help … Using BusObj Reporter as a data source for Excel / Access?

I think this is for the other way around, if I want to import data from BO to Excel.
My macro is the other way around.
However this is going to help me with my next macro which is to export data from Deski to MS Access.

I have new elements for my macro, I will work on it today and keep you updated.

Thanks a lot Dwayne.

Ok it worker :slight_smile:
My macro is done.

For my next macro I have to export data from a column in Deski and put it in a table in access.

Do you think I should follow your guideline for my mactro Dwayne?
is it appropriate to what I have to do?

The macro has to execute a query, read the column in Deski check if it is in Access, if it is not write in the table.

Thanks for your support

Yes, in this situation I think Access should “pull” rather than BusObj “push.”

So I should make my macro in Access?
or I still have to do it in deski?

Access

Actually I have to do it from DeskI :S

How can I select a single column in my macro since there is no range in Deski?

Good luck then :expressionless:

It is not possible to reference the contents of a report column directly. That’s why the “export to text and read back in” method is necessary.