BusinessObjects Board

LOV

Hi friends,

I am posting this because i have no clue where my previous thread is.I was not able to find it…it is about LOV…I am using derived tables…and I am using where condition inside the derived table…Can i get LOV for a derived table with a where condition…and also when i right click on the derived table…i am able to see table values but i am not able to see list of values…why?

Thanks

aashirwaads (BOB member since 2007-05-23)

This is what I understood.
You want to add a prompt to the where clause of a derived table and thereby have LOV for that prompt :?:
Then try this:

SELECT DEPTNO, HIREDATE
FROM EMP
WHERE DEPTNO = @Prompt('Enter DeptNo','N',{'10','20'},,)

Cheers

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi Friends,

Sorry for opening a new Thread.

I have managed to get the LOV’s for my derived table…now when i try to run the report in BO…i get a message at the bottom like out of 5000 rows how many rows are getting processed.so it comes till 4900 and then hangs…i have waited for one hour but still it does not show any response…are there any setiings which i need to set or is there a mistake in my query written in the derived table.

Thanks
Aashirwaad

Pasted from duplicate post

Suggestion can be given on showing the SQL used to create derived table.

Cheers

aa

Why not create a database view or ask DBA for the same.
The query is having around 10 tables in the from clause.
And when the query is run using this derived table joined with other fact or dimension tables, it goes for a toss and hangs.

Cheers

Explore also the possibility of creating materialized view instead of normal database view.

Materialized view can be indexed so the performance could be better than normal view.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Go to the bottom of the screen and pick from the pre-defined special searches. Select a Search ==> Your posts
Find_Your_Posts.jpg

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all the support…I am able to solve my problems in a step by step method…When I try to run the report…I press esc after some time and it shows partial results…When I tried to run the query in sql server 2005 database…the query was executing forever…So does it mean that i have to modify the query as it is taking a very long time to run…how much time does it take usually for a very long query to run…Should i change the array fetch size?What is the maximum array fetch size that anyone can give for a long running report? an How much time limit should i give?Waiting for your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Aashirwaad

How long is it taking to “analyze” – what is the amount of time you see in Data Manager? Versus how much time does it take to format the results once the query returns all of the results to your microcube?

If most of your wait time is waiting for results from the database – then you need to work with your DBA to tune the database to produce quicker results from the database query.

Please read Why is my report so slow?, part of the Reporter FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), a “sticky” at the top of this forum. [You should check FAQs and do searches before posting a new topic. :wink: )

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)