BusinessObjects Board

LOV

Hi,

I am new to Universes,

I have created a condition which should give all the values present in ‘Resort’ column as well as ‘All’ value .

But the below condition gives the values present in ‘Resort’ field but not ‘All’

@Select(Resort\Resort) IN @Prompt(‘Select Resort’,‘A’,‘Resort\Resort’,multi,constrained) OR @Select(Resort\Resort_All) IN @Variable(‘Select Resort’)

thanks in advance

jayad (BOB member since 2008-07-11)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Please read these 2 entries in the Designer’s FAQ which is by the way the sticky topic in the Semantic Layer / Universe Designer topic:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I want to see ‘all’ in the LOV but i could only able to see the field values when the user selects a value

such as
‘xyz’
‘abc’
xry’

but i want to see in the lov as
‘ALL’
‘xyz’
‘abc’
xry’

Can anybody throw a light on this? I have gone through the documentation of prev post. But all the samples present in the doc, didn’t meet my requirement.

The information in the FAQ posts should be fine. If it’s not working for you, please provide more details about what you have done other than “it’s not working” in order to get further assistance, thanks.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

i have tried two different ways.

(@Select(Resort\Resort) IN @Prompt('Select resort or
enter * ',‘a’,‘Resort\Resort’,multi,free) ) OR
(‘ALL’ in @Prompt(‘Select enter ALL’,‘a’,‘Resort\Resort’,multi,free))
2) (@Select(Resort\Resort) IN @Prompt(‘Select resort or
enter * ‘,‘a’,‘Resort\Resort’,multi,free) ) OR
(’*’ in @Prompt(‘Select enter * for all groups’,‘a’,‘Resort\Resort’,multi,free))

The above syntax is for the prompt to work when passing specific values or passing All to select all values, but will not show the ‘All’ word in the list of values.
For that you have to edit the LOV for resort object and do this

SELECT DISTINCT RESORT_NAME 
FROM RESORT
UNION ALL
SELECT DISTINCT  'ALL'
FROM
  RESORT 

check the ‘do not generate SQL before running’ box.

Also the prompt text ‘resort or enter All’ used in the above expression should be identical in both clauses which you are doing an OR

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)