BusinessObjects Board

LOV question.

Hi.
I build the object with the LOV.
The structure of the LOV is:ID,TYPE.
ID for select by index and TYPE for the user could understand what this ID meen.
In the prompt the user see: ID|TYPE.
Is there some way to manipulate on column TYPE of LOV.

sinale (BOB member since 2003-01-13)

If ID and TYPE are two different objects then still ID is the one that gets selected… You can have many objects in the LOV SQL… Its basically for navigating the LOV in a Hierarchical Way…

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Well…
May be u could to advice me something.
I should to select by DATE that I get from the user like a parameter.The can be by 3 TYPEs:mothly,weekly and daily.
For example 1-mar-2004 belong to monthly TYPE anf to daily TYPE.

DATE TYPE
1-mar-2004 month
1-mar-2004 day

In the LOV query I asked the type of the date and select all dates of selected type.In the second step I select the report data by the DATE.
You can see that I should to select the data from the wrong type.To avoid this I open the TYPE prompt again and user now can to select another TYPE.How I can to “remember” the already selected TYPE.

Thank you.

See this FAQ on creating Cascading Prompts.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Thank you,Michael.
But it’s not my problem. :slight_smile:
Thank you

Sorry, I misunderstood. Can you clarify your problem, then?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I have used in cascading prompt for the TYPE LOV in the first level.In the second level I select the DATEs belonged to the selected TYPE,for example TYPE=Month.I explaned above that the DATE can be belonge to some types(The index of the table = DATE,TYPE).Therefore when I run the report I should to select not relevance data.So must to define the TYPE prompt again.Is there some way to avoid this double prompt?

What you want can be achieved by using Subquery and within the Subquery you can have a prompt to select TYPE and in the Outer Query take only the DATE belonging to the selected TYPE…

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)