BusinessObjects Board

LOV Properties

How to mass update LOV properties for different objects

Lakshmi13 (BOB member since 2006-05-05)

use the sdk

highandstoned :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Exactly what property(ies) are you trying to update? There is a sample utility here that uses the SDK to update object names and descriptions, but could be adapted to update almost any property. There are a few quirks with some properties, so if you’ll tell us what properties you are hoping to update, I can point out any “gotchas.” Also, if it’s a simple across the board change (like disable all LOVs, for example) there might be a simpler process than the utility uses.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I need to check the option allow users to edit the list of values in the properties tab of objects properties

Lakshmi

Lakshmi13 (BOB member since 2006-05-05)

A technique to disable all LOVs is described here. It can be adapted to change the allow edit flag.

Hi BOB users,
Is there any way to change the list of values automaticlly? To be more specific i want to create custom LOVs using the SDK. E.g: Create the infamous , Type of LOVS without having to do it manually but via an VB SCRIPT using Designer SDK.

jkanaks :greece: (BOB member since 2005-06-08)

I’m afraid the answer is no. There is a method to display the query panel to edit the LOV, but nothing more than that.

Thanks for the reply Dwayne. I think that the SDK is incomplete, e.g moving objects between classes.

jkanaks :greece: (BOB member since 2005-06-08)