BusinessObjects Board

LOV defaults change.

Dinesh.Thoniparambil@GECAPITAL.COM

LOV is automatically created when a new object is created. Whenever I create a new object, I have to manually go & de-select LOV as I do not use LOV’s for most of the objects. How can I change this so that LOV’s are not automatically created?

Thanks,
Dinesh.

Listserv Archives (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

In a message dated 00-10-13 07:58:03 EDT, you write:

LOV is automatically created when a new object is created. Whenever I create
a new object, I have to manually go & de-select LOV as I do not use LOV’s for most of the objects. How can I change this so that LOV’s are not automatically created?

I don’t think that you can. But remember, the LOV is NOT actually created until the user requests it. Or unless you create a custom LOV within Designer.

In version 5, LOV’s are turned off by default for aggregate (Sum(), Max(), etc.) objects. Something they did in version 3, but “forgot” in version 4. :slight_smile:

If you are really bold and don’t mind potentially getting into support problems, you can go into the repository and turn off LOV’s by adjusting the records in the appropriate object tables. But you didn’t hear that from me…

Regards,
Dave Rathbun
Integra Solutions
www.islink.com

Listserv Archives (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

This question has come up for me again. Has there been any change (since this thread originated) of the default behavior for creation of LOVs?

We would like the default to be to NOT automatically create an LOV.

We are using version 5.1.7.

Thanks,
Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Judy, have you seen this thread: disabling all LOV's in a Universe

I know it is not exactly what you want, that you want the default to be disabled, but Dwayne’s VBA routine save us an enormous amount of time. Maybe it can help you too.

• Thanks again Dwayne.

jswoboda :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi Jeff,

No, I hadn’t seen that thread. I’ll check it out - thanks for mentioning it.

Cheers,
Judy

Tried Dwayne’s macro code and it worked beautifully! Thanks Dwayne!

Judy

You’re quite welcome :wave:

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)