BusinessObjects Board

Lost the user objects file

A user’s hard drive failed and he lost his user objects file. Firstly we need to find out which user objects were being used in the reports however when you edit the data provider it tells us that the obsolete objects have been removed so we don’t know which ones were being used in each report.

Is there any way of finding out the full list of objects, including user objects, that are being used in a report regardless of whether the user object is available or not? If we can find out which ones were being used then we can recreate the UDO file and add them into the report again.

Thanks,

Pete.

Peter Redding :uk: (BOB member since 2003-07-09)

You might be able to open the Business Objects document with a text file editor such as Notepad and do some investigation. Maybe a VBA solution could help (Dwayne?)?

Regarding UDOs:
I would avoid them whenever possible.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

You could try this approach. I haven’t tested it with UDO’s, and I’m not sure how it might handle “obsolete objects,” but it’s worth a try.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

It didn’t do what I needed but it is a really, really handy utility to have.

Basically, it picked up my user objects and when I temporarily removed the UDO file it said that the obsolete objects had been removed.

Thanks anyway,

Pete.

Peter Redding :uk: (BOB member since 2003-07-09)