BusinessObjects Board

Losing Row-Level Security When Cloning the Universe

Hello All,

I am trying to get a better understanding of how XIR2 retains row-level security definitions when I perform a File->Save As operation and rename my universe. The definitions get lost and I have to rebuild them.

I am guessing that the definitions are being stored in XML files under the XI architecture. Would anyone care to comment? Also, has anyone come up with a way to retain the row-level definitions when performing the above operation?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

vonwolf :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-21)

Retain, no. We are just getting started with an XI implementation, and have at least sketched a solution to use the SDK to load these in bulk. No specifics, but just a concept.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi Dwayne,

Thanks a bunch for confirming that I’m not insane! Would you happen to know of a decent resource that fleshes out the architecture in general? Specifically, I would like to know more about the XML files that have replaced most of the tables that were in 6.5.

Thanks again!

vonwolf :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-21)

Not sure where you got that idea. The data is stored in a database, but in an encrypted fashion. It could be some sort of XML structure internally, but in any case it can’t be read directly. It can only be accessed via the SDK. See if the first couple of posts in this discussion: Querying the CMS give any insight.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)