BusinessObjects Board

Looking for help on using "ALL" in @prompt

Hi All,
I’m working on BO 6.5 & Oracle10g. I want to include “ALL” which will select all values in LOVs, when the @prompt is executed. I tried to work on it as per BO manuals guide, but could not succeed. :nonod:

Can anybody please tell me how to include “ALL” in LOVs & relate it with rest of values to be selected?
Thank you,
Kaivalya.

BI_Buddy :us: (BOB member since 2006-04-12)

Did you do a search on BOB? This subject has come up quite often. As you don’t tell us what the problem is (just “didn’t succeed” tells me NOTHING) better check the FAQ if you’ve done it correctly: https://bobj-board.org/t/15227/2

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

Hi jobjoris,

Yes, I tried to follow the solutions from FAQ but being a newbie may be I’m not able to understand it. Please take a look at the code below.

SELECT    DISTINCT
  PRODUCTS.PROD_NAME
FROM
  PRODUCTS
WHERE
( PRODUCTS.PROD_NAME  IN @Prompt('Select Product(s)' , 'A' , 'Products\Prod Name' , multi,constrained)
 OR 
'ALL PRODUCTS'  IN @Variable('Selects Product(s)')
  )

I tried this also…

SELECT    DISTINCT
  PRODUCTS.PROD_NAME
FROM
  PRODUCTS
UNION
select ' ALL PRODUCTS'
FROM
  PRODUCTS

parsing goes fine, even when I click on display tab in object properties it shows me the “ALL PRODUCTS” entry in LOVs. But when I run the report that “ALL PRODUCTS” entry is vanished from the list.

Can you be helpful on this scenario?

Regards,
Kaivalya.

Did you check the “export with universe” checkmark? It shouldn’t matter on a local machine though… Other thing is the LOV, is it of the object your using in your @prompt (‘Products\Prod Name’)?

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

Hey,
Thanks a lot! I did not checked that export with universe option. Now it works perfectly after checking the option. :+1:

Thanks a lot for such a great help.

• Kaivalya.