BusinessObjects Board

Log of Scheduled Reports

Hello,

Is there any faster way to find the list of scheduled reports which ran successfully?

Please guide.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

What version of Business Objects you are using?
In XI R2, there is an application called Instance Manager where you can select the status and run by id, it display all the reports satisfying that condition. This application is not part of CMC.
In 3.1 also, Instance Manager is there. It is part of CMC.

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

Thanks for your response.

And yes I am aware of Instance manager. But from that, I need to copy the list and paste it in Excel and then formatting it. And there are around 500 reports. So doing manually is very tedious, that’s why I thought if some other method wherein we can directly export the results to excel , is more faster and easier.

Please guide.

Try this from BOBs downloads. There are a couple I think, so if this isn’t the right on have a look, you will find one there at least.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Thanks Dessa for directing me to the right place.

I saw that, but the problem is BO is not installed ono my machine and Office is not installed on Server machine. I have access to CMC, so is there any way we can do this with CMC or any other tool which is there in Infoview like Instance Manager is one I know.

Now the requirement has change and I think this should be easier.

I want to find list of all scheduled reports.

Is it possible or not without using Macro or Instance manager. I want the results in excel or easy to copy and paste.

Hi Aniket,

I’m wondering if one of the Audit universes/reports can provide detail on scheduled reports? If your environment has it installed, you just need access to the universe and associated reports (if they have scheduled report details) form your admin.

My current environment does not have Auditor enabled but I can check in a few days, in the meantime, are there any Auditor experts to advise :?:

Joe Szabo :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

How much detail do you need? Query Builder is an option if you only need a few details. Here is a query to get you started:

select si_id, si_name, si_owner from ci_infoobjects where si_schedule_status = 1

The where clause restricts the search to successful jobs only.

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

Then why not try running the Instance Manager? This is something I check each morning as a matter of routine.

http://XXXX:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/adminlaunch/instancesByStatus/main.jsp

Select recurring for all report schedules.

I would imagine the link I posted earlier should still work irrespective as to whether you have BusObj installed on your machine - so long as you connectivity to the BusObj environment.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Dessa and Jill, thanks for your responses. I tried everything but problem is I want the list in excel and it’s really very tedious to copy the output of query as well as of instance manager to excel.

Please advise.

I copy all the time from Instance manager to Excel. And I nver had an issue. What is the problem you are having copying to Excel from Instance Manager?

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

Issue is there are 100 reports per page. And I have 20 page , so everytime I need to copy and paste and also there is a checkbox which is copied in excel, which is creating more time consuming to copy the instance manager output to excel.

I only what scheduled reports and date and time the reports took.

Please let me know if I am not clear. Once again thanks for response.

Hi Aniket,

You can use the auditor for this. (its the activity universe)
Just create a quick report in web-I for all scheduled reports and export it to excel.

Regards
Rim

RGeurts :uk: (BOB member since 2006-12-29)