BusinessObjects Board

Listing of Filter/Condition Objects used?

Is there anyway to list out the Filter/Condition objects used in a report?

I found the VBA script generated by Dave Rathbun listing all of the report objects, but I’d like to include the filter objects as well.

Thanks in advance.

Jim.Turner (BOB member since 2002-10-15)

[quote:fe14a046dd=“Jim.Turner”]Is there anyway to list out the Filter/Condition objects used in a report?

I found the VBA script generated by Dave Rathbun listing all of the report objects, but I’d like to include the filter objects as well.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Scan the data providers for conditions where OperandCount = 0

DataProviders(index).Queries(index).Conditions(index).OperandCount = 0

Hope this helps,
Tom

Tom Cook (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

You need to take a look at the following modification thread that is taking place with that very same macro.

Not sure how to link to another topic in the forum, but search the following text and you should find it.

List of Objects used in report

estaup (BOB member since 2002-10-15)

This link should do it.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks to all. This is what I’m looking for. I do not have access to detailed documentation about all of this :x so this helps.

BTW, I’m taking the output of this and pumping it into Oracle alongside the repository tables with a date stamp. That way, I can tell what changed at what time if something stops working. Turns out, that my Universe Designer deleted and added a condition object and didn’t tell anybody.

Thanks again!!

jim t

BTW, THIS MACRO IS VEERRYY SSLLOOWW!!! The DaveRathbun loop takes seconds per report. These take 2-4 minutes each!

[quote:950afe2b66=“Jim.Turner”]BTW, THIS MACRO IS VEERRYY SSLLOOWW!!! The DaveRathbun loop takes seconds per report. These take 2-4 minutes each!
[/quote]

As explained in the text accompanying the code, there is a “save and close” done on each data provider, causing the extended runtime. I added that step when I was getting inconsistent capture of the query tab names. Of all things I was getting the UNIVERSE name eight times (once for each of the combined query tabs) instead! The save and close fixed that problem.

Comment out the Sendkeys and DataProv.Edit lines of code, and it will speed up SIGNIFICANTLY. Look at your results carefully, but if you are staying consistently within one environment (like production) you are probably OK with the speedier version.

As explained in the text accompanying the code, there is a “save and close” done on each data provider, causing the extended runtime. I added that step when I was getting inconsistent capture of the query tab names. Of all things I was getting the UNIVERSE name eight times (once for each of the combined query tabs) instead! The save and close fixed that problem.

Comment out the Sendkeys and DataProv.Edit lines of code, and it will speed up SIGNIFICANTLY. Look at your results carefully, but if you are staying consistently within one environment (like production) you are probably OK with the speedier version.
[/quote]

You may also want to try using the Load and Unload methods for each data provider.

Tom

Tom Cook (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

It is already in the code. That is a handy feature, no doubt.

Note that this will also show the standard operators where the operand count is zero, specifically “Is Null” and “Is Not Null”. That may or may not be an issue; these are not commonly used.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

To clarify, I’ve used the Dave Rathbun version of the code, added loops to get what I need, and and have added the load and unload on the dataprovider. I already had all of my mods done by the time I realized that there was another version.

'Tis now very fast indeedy!

jt