BusinessObjects Board

Listing objects used in documents

Hello all

I’m new here and I have a question about information stored in the BO repository. I have used some time to figure out which data-fields/objects are included i the different reports/document. But I was not able to go further than to list all objects in universe(s) used by documents. Some one could tell me how I can list only the used objects in the universes included in documents? Thanks. I should say that we are using BO 6.5.2.
:hb:

Regards
Siavash T., Denmark

siavash (BOB member since 2005-09-07)

Hi and welcome to B:mrgreen:B

Go to the Bob’s download you 'll find exactly what you want !

And you’ll tell after how wonderfull BOB is :wink:

Regards

Did you take a look at the BOB’s Download section? There is a tool that lists objects and universes used by data provider and document.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks for your replays,

I have tried the VB-script “ObjectsUsed”. But I get a Compiler error:
“Constants, fixed-length,… and Declare statements not allowed as Public member of the object modules.”

I wonder if there isn’t a Repository table holding the connection between data-objects and Reports? The result is going to be a BO-Report consisting of sections (report names) related data objects and universes.

Regards
Siavash T.

siavash (BOB member since 2005-09-07)

No, there isn’t. There is a repository reference in the Supervisor forum. This topic should probably be moved either to the SDK forum or to the Supervisor forum for further discussion… I’ll send it to the SDK forum for now because there is really no way to get what you want directly from the repository.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

:+1:
Check the download section. :mrgreen:

quicka2 (BOB member since 2005-04-13)

There is also a complete utility attached to this post. It is from one of my SDK presentations at last year’s user conference. It documents most objects used in a series of documents, using the SDK.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)