BusinessObjects Board

List Universe Names

Hello folks,
New to the board here. Its a very impressive repository of information. Now the question,
I have Business Objects and designer clients installed. Its version 5.x .
I am trying to get a list of all the universe names that reside in two containers. How can I get that information ?

Thanks.
Aj

ajayk6 (BOB member since 2007-02-23)

Found a universe that starts with BO Audit…Those universes let you report on the repository.
Thanks.

ajayk6 (BOB member since 2007-02-23)

I do not have this universe. How can i get it? i understand it is packaged with the auditor tool. I am not running webi, do i have to install webi and then the auditor tool for this to work?

taylor99ss (BOB member since 2006-12-20)

This universe can help you.

Regards

If you have purchased Auditor, they’d give you the universe. Alternatively, you can build a universe on the Audit tables, if you have them

You’d have to be running the WebI server, have turned the audit log on – and either audit to database tables, or periodically load from the log files. The audit log can only capture activity that goes through the WebI server – WebI/Infoview activity, and three-tier/ZABO full client.

If you want to audit 2-tier full client, you’d have to purchase one of the third-party vendor tools.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

If you are looking for list of universes only, you can get it by running a query against your repository database. This functionality is no longer in XI.

Your DBA should be able to give you a list of tables and on your install you would find a rpindex.htm and it list the details about it.

Bhavin :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-22)