BusinessObjects Board

List of Universes - BO 6.5

Hi,

From Universe Designer, when I say import universe, I see all the universes to which I have access, now my question is how can I get a copy or prinout out of all these universes for my reference. I am using designer 6.5.

Thanks,
Baazi

Baazigar :india: (BOB member since 2004-06-10)

In 6.5, use the Supervisor module to show you available universes. If you want to know about what’s in the universes, use one of the neat universe documentation tools you can find on thsi site.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

I am not sure whether the “PDF” version of the universe can be taken in 6.5, like in XI R2 universe.

And after that the print out of the PDF file can be taken.

Generally I go with this way in XI R2 designer.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Yes after you import the universe you want you should be able to use FILE- PRINT and this will generate a PDF, listing all the universe details

bulgaru10 :malta: (BOB member since 2006-12-15)

… or as Debbie suggested, consider using a utility like this … Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

And a very good utility it is too! :lol:

I’ve been using the 6.5 version and now the XIr2 version for a long time to generate object catalogues for the users and as a paper backup for some of my more complex universes.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Thank you very much. This is really cool tool to get a quick understanding of the universes.

Baazigar :india: (BOB member since 2004-06-10)