BusinessObjects Board

List of Scheduled Reports

Does anyone know how we can see or make a list of all the Web Intelligence reports that we have scheduled to run every morning? We have about 20-25 reports currently and we have been manually going into them every morning to make sure that they ran successfully.

It would be nice to just have a view where all the reports could be listed and their status next to it.

Thanks!

We’re on BO XI R2, by the way.

melon (BOB member since 2005-09-15)

There’s an Instance Manager web application which comes with BOXI R2 that shows all your instance statuses. You can access it via the admin launchpad.
This web application has been greatly enhanced in XI3.0 with support for more batch operations and a much better interface.

Alternatively, you could set up some notifications for the schedules to get email alerts if they fail.

If you’re looking for a more advanced UI with a huge range of search options and batch scheduling features, I can invite you to try our Instance Analyser product - there’s a Free Evaluation available on the website.

JGreg
BOXI Tools
www.zoom-software.com

JGreg (BOB member since 2007-11-21)

Hi Greg.,
I have some 16 report & needs to run on daily basis. So can you give me chance to see it?

Thanks in Advance!!

kvin :india: (BOB member since 2007-03-01)

That’s actually very close to what I was looking for. Thanks!

It’s still very limited 'cos I’m still on R2 and if I limit to “Failed” instances, it shows me ALL the failed instances that we’ve ever had, while I just want the latest. And there’s no way of sorting it by date. So in that way, it’s very limited.

But thank you anyway! Very helpful for other things. :smiley:

melon (BOB member since 2005-09-15)

Your other option would be the Query Builder (also in the admin launchpad). With that you could query for just Webi instances and throw in an ORDERBY si_starttime. There are quite a few samples on using the InfoStore query language on these forums. Such as :

JGreg
BOXI Tools
www.zoom-software.com

JGreg (BOB member since 2007-11-21)