BusinessObjects Board

List of Scheduled reports in Infoview 3.1

Hi Gurus,

I was trying to get the list of scheduled crystal reports in Infoview 3.1 using “Activity” universe but I’m unable to filter on the ‘Scheduled crystals’.
Although I was able to find some info to use query builder but when I use that I’m unable to get the crystal report names. It’s all cryptic information I’m getting from this table. :hb:

I would like to list the Crystal report name, Frequency at which they’re scheduled in Infoview.

I was using this query but this is not entirely helping my scenario.

SELECT * FROM dbo.CMS_InfoObjects6
WHERE SI_RECURRING = 1

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks!

MHBOEAdmin (BOB member since 2015-06-29)

Couple of ways to do it.

1. if you have access to CMC, on the home page after login to CMC, you will find Instance Manager. Click on that and provide details, it will list out scheduled reports based on your criteria.

2. Or in the downloads on BOB Forums, you can find an Excel with VBA for the same.

HTH

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

Thanks for your message.

I have tried option #1 but there’s no way of exporting that to excel etc.

I will try the option #2. Would you know what’s the VBA spreadsheet called?

Thanks!

I just downloaded Instance Status.xls and tried option #2 but looks like that doesn’t have the filter for ‘Recurring’ under the “Status” field. But, I want to see all the reports which have recurring instance for them. In other words, I want to see only the reports which are scheduled.

Is there any way to do that? Thanks!

Hi,

a basic list of schedules is really possible to get from CMC - Instance manager if you set in preferences the lines per page limit to reasonable value and filter recurring instances you request.
Then export to excel is possible by marking the list with mouse (in firefox) and copy + paste to excel (I do this quite often).

or is possible get some list with admin tools ( http://server:8080/AdminTools/

or other way is to use some SDK and write a script/class/app to get these info - see attached example (be tolerant to this code I’m not the Java developer)…

regards, Tom
program.zip (1.0 KB)

tom_kar :czech_republic: (BOB member since 2015-06-30)

1. I tried this using chrome, IE, firefox but I can’t seem to copy and paste. It’s not copying anything when I do Ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

2. I already tried that but I’m not able to get the friendly names of the report. I’m getting all the coded info. I tried with the original query I posted in my first post but no use. Any help with this query is appreciated.

3. I’m not a Java Developer too. I’m not sure what to do with this file.

Please help me with this.

try this: https://bobj-board.org/t/174163

This is for recurring schedules.

thanks,

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

I’ve tried this one too.

The problem with this one seems like, this is 2007 macro and I have MS 2013 installed on my machine. So, when I opened this, it’s not displaying the box to enter credentials.

Is there anyway to force it?

Thanks!

the macro works for me but the recurrence is not visible there

the copy paste procedure in firefox - you selects the fields and while still holding a left mouse button press ctrl C and then release mouse button
a then in excel press ctrl V :wink:
T.
ff_instance_manager_copypaste.zip (23.0 KB)

tom_kar :czech_republic: (BOB member since 2015-06-30)