BusinessObjects Board

List of report objects along with report names in a folder

Hi All,

I have a Public Folder called “Reporting Hours” in WebI rich client and there are about 40 reports in this Folder. I would like to get a list of all the reports (report names), Owner of the report and all the Objects of that report.
Could you please let me know how to get the list of all the objects for all the reports of a particular folder in WebI rich client.

Lucky002 (BOB member since 2012-08-28)

Getting the list of reports is fairly simple. Go to the Query Builder and create an InfoObject query to get the data. The query would look something like this:

Select SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_OWNER from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_KIND = ‘Webi’ and SI_PARENTID =

Getting the objects in the reports is more complex because each report has to be opened and scanned for the information. This can only be done using a third-party tool or by writing your own program using the SDK. I believe there are some utilities for this available in the BOB’s Downloads forum.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Hi All,

I have a set of reports based on a Universe and I need to document all the Objects pertaining to the report along with the Owner of the report. Could you please let me know how to pull the list Objects & Owner? Can’t we use Query Builder to get this information?

I found this link in the BOBJ downloads List objects used in a series of reports but I don’t think it refers to WebI rich client. Could you please help me with this or is there any link in BOBJ Downloads pertaining to WebI rich client reports?

Lucky002 (BOB member since 2012-08-28)

You cannot get the objects in the report through QueryBuilder. For that you need to SDK to open the report and see what the object are.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

I had built a java code to extract the objects information.
Code had been posted at below thread

let me know if any help required.

Thanks- Rupesh

Rupesh G (BOB member since 2009-10-22)