BusinessObjects Board

List objects used in Web Intelligence reports

Can you try to run the code on the BO server PC and check the results.
Also, check the port the number of CMS. In the code, i have given the port number as 6400.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Rupesh G (BOB member since 2009-10-22)

Hi Rupesh,
when i am running the code, i am getting nullpointer exception on login, i gave correct credentials and CMS server information.

Today. toString 20120328
Exception in thread ā€œmainā€ java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.crystaldecisions.celib.classloader.ClassLoaderHelper$2.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoaderHelper.java:106)
at com.crystaldecisions.celib.classloader.ClassLoaderHelper.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoaderHelper.java:137)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.internal.SessionMgr.initializeSystemProperties(SessionMgr.java:251)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.internal.SessionMgr.(SessionMgr.java:247)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.internal.CEFactory.makeSessionMgr(CEFactory.java:94)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr(CrystalEnterprise.java:121)
at ListObjectsUsedWebi.main(ListObjectsUsedWebi.java:61)

Thanks -Krishna

kkaswa (BOB member since 2012-03-14)

Might be you have not imported the BO rar files. This could be one of the possible reason for the same. In the code, i have mentionded to prompt the message ā€œLogged inā€¦!ā€ after successfully connection with CMS.
Siince, you didnt get this mesage, i think you have missed something.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Hey Rupesh, Will this work on the machine where BO client is installed and I am talking about 3.1? Can you please confirm?

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Yes, it would work.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Thanks Rupesh for the code. Yes it is working fine. I am getting .txt file from that, do you have the code to get excel file like you attached sample output in this post, it would be great if you can share the same with meā€¦

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

No problem Aniket.
I have given the steps to convert the text file to .xls file in this thread. Could you refer the same.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

using authentication type: secWinAD, I am getting below error message. Please help to resolve thisā€¦

Active Directory Authentication failed to log you on. Please contact your system administrator to make sure you are a member of a valid mapped group and try again. If you are not a member of the default domain, enter your user name as UserName@DNS_DomainName, and then try again. (FWM 00006)

srijaggu :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-07)

The Id which you are trying to login is not present in the Windows AD mapping. Try to use Enterprise id and check.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

Using with that Windows AD ID, I am able to login Rich client and Desginer. I dont think it`s issue with my ID. :hb:

Any suggestions please

Try to login with your enterprise id. Also, get in touch with your BO Admin team.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Hi Rupesh - looks like a great utility. Does it extract the variables that are created in the actual Webi report? Our users create formula/calculations within the Webi report and we would like to be able to extract those including the calculation itself.

Many thanks - Alec

AlecShort :de: (BOB member since 2010-09-22)

Hi Alec,

Iā€™m working on the code to generate the list of variables/formulae being used in webi reports. Most probably I would be able to complete this by next week :).
Once it is done, definetly i will post the code here.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

After adding below 2 lines of Java code, working fine. Thanks for the great utility.

System.setProperty(ā€œjava.security.auth.login.configā€, ā€œC:/winnt/bscLogin.confā€);
System.setProperty(ā€œjava.security.krb5.confā€, ā€œC:/winnt/krb5.iniā€);

Hi Rupesh,

The tool is great. any updates on the tool to get the variables and formulas used.

Regards,
Mani

mani_cog (BOB member since 2012-08-17)

I built another java code which would extract the variables used in Webi Reports.

Code is available at the below link:

Currently, working on the code to generate the list of formulae being used directly in the Webi report display.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Great piece of code! Yetā€¦

Anyone able to convert into a single click Excel tool using VBA like much of the BOB downloads available, to avioid having to actually have Eclipse or java knowlege, or having to open and manipulate in excel.

Would be excellent if this were to be populated directlty into excel

I am not specilaist enough in either discipline to complete the coding yet i use the Excel versions a lot and are very userfriendly.

:+1:

pyperg (BOB member since 2008-12-31)

Hi,

:roll_eyes:
How to run step by step the java script.

Viktor_ (BOB member since 2012-09-04)

Once BO and Eclipse are configured (you can refer the screenshots doc which is attached in this thread). Create a Java code file under some workspace in Eclipse, paste the code & do the required changes and then run the code.

Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

Thank you so much for the code. I have gone through all the posts regarding your code and it seemed to be working well. Thank you for that.
I am accessing the Designer remotely and it is not installed in my system. i.e. "http://remoteapps..com/Citrix/XenApp/auth/login.aspx: Then once I login to this link I see Universe Designer and WebI rich client. That is how I am accessing remotely. In that case will I not be able to map eclipse installed in my local machine to the BO right? How do I perform this step "Ā• Choose all the JAR Files which are present under [BOE_INSTALL]\common\4.0\java\lib and click " in the document on ā€œBO and Eclipseā€? Please help.

Lucky002 (BOB member since 2012-08-28)