BusinessObjects Board

List FILTERS of all universes?

Hello,

It’s possible to query the database in order to get a list of the FILTERS used by Universe?

Thanks
Pedro
Portugal

Bulllet (BOB member since 2007-04-19)

In 6.5 and earlier the universe was broken into components and stored in the repository tables. Starting with XI the universe is no longer stored that way, so there’s no possibility of running queries against the repository to get universe contents.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Look at the Document a Universe macro in Bob’s Downloads area…that gives you all the filters present in a given universe.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi,
As Nick suggested here is the one which may be of some help to you.

https://bobj-board.org/t/89100
Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK different versions for XI r2, 6.5 & 5.1 – author Dwayne Hoffpauir

GNK_BO (BOB member since 2007-07-17)

Hi,

This is a ver usefull MACRO but I need to know what Database Table (ORACLE in my case) records de FILTERS of a Universe.

Best Regards,
Pedro
Portugal

Hi Pedro,

You have not told us which BO version you use. The answer to your question depends on the BO version as Dave Rathbun already mentioned in the post above.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Sorry …

Best Regards
Pedro

Check UNV_PROP_DATA table in the BO repository. Rows with PRP_DATATYPE=H are filters’ descriptions and rows with PRP_DATATYPE=W are actual formulas of filters.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thank you Marek :slight_smile: You saved my day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Pedro