BusinessObjects Board

List all the reports and their folders in Infoview

Is there a way to get a list of all the reports and their respective folders in Infoview. can we export this list to excel?

sharique :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-01)

Sharique,

The complete solution to your question would most likely require using the SDK, however, courtesy of poster “marklee”, he shows a way to create a view of the repository using either Oracle or SQL Server. Please see the posting here:

Thanks,
John

jsanzone :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-12)

Sharique,

I created a new dimension in my activity universe

Action Type Substring=substring(AUDIT_DETAIL.Detail_Text,1,16)

Now I can get folder paths for my reports by including this in my report window with Document Name and adding a query filter that

Action Type = ‘object folder path’ (DETAIL_TYPE.Detail_Type_Description=‘Object Folder Path’)

The substring and length is totally down to you, 16 just works well for my structure. You might not even want to include it I guess!

bolr1 (BOB member since 2008-11-27)

I have try your way, is your Action Type Detail suppose refer to Detail_Type.Detail_Type_Description=‘object folder path’? I have create

1. Object A=[Detail_Type.Detail_Type_Description]
  2. Object B=[AUDIT_DETAIL.Detail_Text]

Object B will represent the folder name.
I have try to filter by Object A=‘object folder path’, but it dint list out all the folder name that my document should have. Eg, my document should have 3 copy in 3 different folder, but it only show me 1 folder.

When i search my dcoument in CMC, it list 3 folder…any idea?

Thanks!

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

Sorry, :shock:

Yes that’s right.

Action Type=‘Object Folder Path’ in your Query Filter aqnd Object B in your Result Objects with Document Name or Object Name should provide the results you need.

Note: Object B has to be a Dimension.

I’ll edit my above post to correct.

bolr1 (BOB member since 2008-11-27)