Created from Universe from database1
Columns A,B,C

Dp2:
Created from free hand SQL from database2
Columns A,D

Final Report:
Column A,B,C,D with only those rows where dp1.A = dp2.A

I tried the following approach:

I tried to use “link” as in BO but it displays incorrect data since it is simply applying a join(union) on A for both Dp’s. What I actually want is an intersection (common values)

Thnx in advance

zaheerjavi (BOB member since 2004-10-05)

Play with the filters…

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

Try intersection of 2 queries in one dataprovider
You will get the correct value.

Manu

mada :denmark: (BOB member since 2004-11-25)

As far as

I guess intersection of 2 queries in one dataprovider means that it does an intersect on all the columns of the 2 queries. But I want to take an intersection between only the common column.

Also two include two queries in one dp means that we have to use the link functionality since both queries are from diff. databases (create database link) as in Oracle which requires Net8 to get started on the server which is not a good approach

For applying filters we did the following:
We created a column delete which can be seen in the attached report.

In this report the column cols are SBC_User_ID and CORP_ID. The two tables are from two diff. dataproviders
sample.zip (56.0 KB)

zaheerjavi (BOB member since 2004-10-05)

I’ll expand on that. Create a filter using something other than the linked dimension from each data provider, limiting to records where both are not null … something like this:

= Not IsNull(<B>) And Not IsNull(<D>)

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

How do you create a filter containing two objects that aren’t linked to each other from two different data providers? When I try to do it I get an error message saying, “Variables are not compatible (DMB0008)”

DPDopey (BOB member since 2005-07-28)

Please see this Reporter FAQ Entry HERE on how to solve it.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)