BusinessObjects Board

Linking Data Providers

I have two seperate data providers from two universe in a report, which is linked by common dimension.

I want to put only common data from these two data provider in one block (I mean the result should be DP1 INTERSECT DP2)

Any help please

godgift :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-09)

Hi,
As far as I know, When data providers are linked then you can have only data which is common in both of the data providers. It is like the equi join.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

If both the DPs can be merged into one query then intersection can done from combine queries button in query panel.
Or you can use the ‘select query results’ operand in dataprovider 1 by pulling the common dimension and doing an inlist on common dimension from DP2.
Whenever the report is run the first DP will be always dependent on DP2.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

The list is very huge and hence wont be feasilble. Also these tow DP are from different universe, hence I cannot merge them into one query. Any other way around?

Nope, it is not doing Equi Join. I beleive it will be Full Outer Join. And it is populating the value of common dimension in all the common dimension (when one is not present, it is taking value from second dp).

Ok, Create a copy of the common dimension in the universe and make it detail object of it.
Add this detail object in both the DPs.
In the report data block create a filter using detail object from first DP as

=IsNumber(<Deptno2(Query 1 with SCOTT)>) 

See if it helps.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

This has been discussed a lot…

Check this thread in Report FAQ’s.
https://bobj-board.org/t/15226/11

Hope your problem should be solved.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Thanks Haider. It helped and I was able to achieve the desired result.

Thanks BO_Chief. Yes, the problem is solved now. Thanks once again.