BusinessObjects Board

Linked Universe

Hi All,
I have a core universe where i have all my dimension tables.I link this universe in my derived universes with the various fact tables i have got .The problem is that if i change the order in which the objects are listed under classes in the core dimension universe it does not get reflected in my derived universes.Say if i move an object in one of my dimension this change is not reflected in the derived universe.
What can be done to reflect the change in order in core universe in the derived universes.
Regards
Abhishek

abhi_ruiet (BOB member since 2003-01-20)

Well, I just confirmed what you found. I also found out that you can’t change the order of the objects in the derived universe. It seems that, once the link is made, the order of objects is set in concrete in the derived universe. I even tried re-exporting the kernel universe to the repository after changing the order of the objects, and they still stayed in the old order in the derived universe.

This looks like a great thing to add to our wish list.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

By default, the order in which you arrange the objects of the derived universe is
that which will be seen by users of the universe, even if the order later changes in
the core universe. If you want your derived universe to present objects always in
the order they are presented in the core universe, you must set a parameter
accordingly in the *.PRM file of the database you are using.
The parameter setting is CORE_ORDER_PRIORITY = Y.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Excellent tip, Durgesh. That worked. However, it also moved the class from the kernel universe to the top of the classes, and I can’t change that. But at least the objects are in the correct order now.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

The only problem is, you have to be sure that every full-client installation also has its PRM file updated.

I’m not sure what happens with ZABO users for changes to the PRM file. If one changes the PRM file on the WebI server – does anyone know if that takes care of the existing ZABO users?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

The *.prm & *.sbo files are downloaded to ZABO users - I can see a separate folder with the WEBi server name containing *.prm & *.sbo files on my PC. But I do not know how often these files are downloaded…

I know when the files are deleted they are being re-created for ZABO users…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)