BusinessObjects Board

Link between reports and univers

Hi,

In our environment we have 3 univers and document domains (1 for dev, 1 for test, 1 for prod). We will start creating a univers, puting it in the dev domains and creating reports in documents domain.

I am just wondering when I will export my univers and the documents in test domains, how will BO be able to know that the documents in test domain must be linked to the univers in test domain ??

I hope BO will manage itself the link between reports and univers and we won’t have to recreate all our reports … :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

Thw for your help

Nightfox (BOB member since 2005-02-15)

Hi,

Not at all :wink: Before you want to export your reports to test domain change the universe for each dataprovider.
Log in with a user who can see the two domains. Open your reports then for each dataprovider (take care of links between objects if you have some) click on universe … and then choose the universe of the test domain.

Regards

Hi (salut collegue français ) :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx for your answer.

So you mean that I will have to open all my reports and change manually all DP ? I suppose that there aren’t any tips for a massive change ?

Thx

hello smelling cheese :wink:

Have a look to BOB’s download i think there a VBA macro that can help you :wink: . This one

Regards

Yes I have just seen it.

I also noticed that for one connection, we can only have 1 univers domain and 1 documents domain … that means a univers domain and a documents domains share a connection … maybe when we export univers and reports from domain_dev to domain_test, all reports in domain_dev automatically pointed to the univers in domain_dev ??? :confused:

Hi,

Yes in one schema you can have only one doc domain and one unv domain. Cause all domains have the same structure (i mean same tables / indexes …) What links different unv and doc domain is the sec domain.

Did you use Webi or BO FC. Cause the behaviour of documents of different domains is different under these two modules.

Regards

we use WEBI (6.5) to execute/refresh reports and WEBI or FC to create them.