BusinessObjects Board

Kill "Non-processed task" in BCA

Hello

I have sent several reports to BCA. These reports run forever and they caused to an overload of the BCA. If I look into the Console I get the following error message:

(109) Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005):
[ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 256 in tablespace TEMP:-1652] The following data providers have not been successfully refreshed: Data. (DMA0007): []

Now want to stop the reports but I can’t.

Does anybody know how to kill jobs in BCA?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards, Jan Sin

Jansin (BOB member since 2002-08-23)

If you go into the console where the job is running you should be able to select the job thats running and say interrupt. That should stop the job.

Stacy

Stacy Woodring (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hello Stacy

Thank you for your reply.

If I go into console there is no button to interrupt running job.

The only button I have is “Delete” but if I highlight a running report the “Delete”-button is not actived.

Regards
Jan Sin

:?: What version of broadcast agent are you on?

If I hightlight a running and right click I have the following options:
suspend - this is disabled on the running job - you can only perform this on a scheduled job that is not running
run now - this is disabled on the running job - you can only perform this on a scheduled job that is not running
delete - this will delete the entry from scheduler only available when not running this option is disabled due to fact that it is running
interupt - this will stop a job that is currently running I had a job running and this option was enabled.
task properties
document properties

Make sure you are highlighting the running job and not the scheduled job that is in waiting status.

Hope this helps :wink:

Dear Stacy

I’m afraid I don’t know which version of Broadcast Agent we have. How can I find that out?

What I have if I go to “Console”, highlight a running job, right mouse click is:

- Sort Categories:
- Document Properties: (is not activated when a report is running)
- View Error Text…: (If the job has a failure I can see what the problem might be)
- Change Platform -> Windows, Unix, All (This one I don’t know that it is)

Regards, Jan Sin

Ok I think I just figured out why you are not seeing the interrupt. You are going into the console through Business objects - Tools/console? Am I correct on this? From this way the interrup option is not an option.

I was going in through Broadcast Agent. If you have the BCA console installed on your PC you can go in that way. Otherwise you will have to go to the server that BCA is installed on go into broadcast agent/console and sign-in with the BCA profile.

In order to get version of broadcast agent from either the bca console on a workstation or from the server. One you have the Broadcast agent up and are signed in, you can go under help /about and it will give you your version.

First of all, you’ll need to get your Oracle DBA to increase the Temp Tablespace in your database. That should get your reports to run better.

Then, of course, you need to interupt the current tasks, and restart them. Follow the steps that Stacy gave you for that.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Is there a way a user kill there jobs from the tools/console. If a user comes to know that a report which he scheduled on the BCA is wrong parameters and so he wants to cancel that report .Presently he has to call the administartors to cancel that job. Is there some setting by which users can cancel their own jobs…

Any thoughts …

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

Users cannot start or stop their jobs in the console. That can only be done from the BCA console on the server. :nonod:

Is this can be a enhancement request.

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

Certainly…and add it to the wish list.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

That would be a great topic for a pole: The wish list. See which ones are the most popular.

You can only have ten items per poll! :rotf: Who’s going to pick the top ten to even ask about? :rotf:

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Well, we could split it out into multiple poles. Then do a final pole for the winners of the original poles.

actually, i get this error message when the database resources are overloaded. ask your dba to kill the queries for you from the database end.

car888 (BOB member since 2002-09-25)

If you have Toad in your organisation and your dba is happy to give you an oracle signon with enough priviledges then you can use the Kill/Trace session option from the View menu. This is great when jobs run away or get stuck - be oh so careful though :lol:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)