BusinessObjects Board

Keeping Old Data

Hello again BOBbies,

Is there a way to keep the values derived from a previous refresh of a report for comparison against the current refresh. So let’s say I ran the report 3 months ago and got some aggregate value (say 14.2%). Now I want to run the report again which will give me the current value (say 12.1%) but the 14.2% is saved somehow so that I can create a trendline showing how this aggregate is travelling over time (14.2% and then 12.1% and then the next one and the next one).

I am imagining using VB with an event of “refresh” triggering a copying of the old data to a text cell or maybe a button triggering a macro for transferring previous results to the text cells. I don’t know how to do that yet, but even then how do I use the copied data in a graph? Maybe I need to keep a separate datastore for the previously calculated aggregates (say an Access DB, Excel spreadsheet or other database like Oracle)? I would prefer to keep it all in Bus Objects if possible. Note:The old data is not kept in the source system for recalculation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Newbie Jeff P-C
Gold Coast, Australia

jpopovaclark2 (BOB member since 2005-09-12)

Check out this topic from BOB’s Downloads. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)