BusinessObjects Board

Javascript Opendocument

I have some Javascript on my webi report in which I am using OpenDocument. The reason I went with the javascript was because my url is becoming too long. But I am still having the issue of Page Can Not Be Displayed when the child report is being opened.

Here is my javascript that I am using

="<FORM id='frmRender' action='http://cfsalgabocms:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=wid&amp;iDocID=26027' 
   method='post' target='_blank'> 
   <INPUT type='hidden' name='lsMDeal Class' value='"+[Class] +"'>
   <INPUT type='hidden' name='lsMDeal Category' value='"+[Category] +"'>
   <INPUT type='hidden' name='lsMDeal Type' value='"+[Type] +"'>
   <INPUT type='hidden' name='lsMYear' value='"+[Trend Years] +"'>
   <INPUT type='hidden' name='lsMSegment' value='"+[Segment] +"'>
   <INPUT type='submit' value='Click to post'> 
</FORM>"

Any thoughts would be great.

raiderfan (BOB member since 2005-09-02)

It seems the issue is when I click on the button it is re-directing the opendocument.jsp to documentXML.jsp…and this is still using the GET method - hence the problem.

So my questions -
a)why is it re-directing to documentXML.jsp?
b)how can I get this documentXML.jsp to use the POST method?

Thanks

Visit for hint:-

Sear OpenDocument Function using CTRL+F in

prabhat :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-16)

Nice code, but it doesn’t seem to answer my specific question of how my opendocumet is changing to documentxml… I think my opendocument code is correct.

Hi shjaffer,

I’m surprised you’re having problems with long URLs. I’ve built openDocument strings having a dozen parameters with no problem.

It’s normal to see documentXML.jsp after a call to openDocument.jsp.

Are all your prompts in the child report multi-select? If not, you need to change lsM to lsS.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

My opendocument works when I have shorter lists…

I read a thread somewhere about using the POST rather than the GET…so the opendoc goes out with the POST but I guess the documentXML uses the GET (which I assume is the default)…

I have huge lists…

Hi shjaffer,

openDocument.jsp builds a URL for documentXML.jsp with all the parameters in the querystring. I think to do what you want to do, you’d need to create your own openDocument.jsp, or call documentXML.jsp directly with your form.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I was wondering if I could call documentxml directly…has anyone tried it?

I used an alternate by using a case statement inside my universe to shorten my prompt values - the drawback is now my sql is not optimized.