BusinessObjects Board

Issue with Multivalue - Universe issue

Hi All,

New here to BOXI (Webi & Universe Designer).

Here is the issue I am having, I have a measure I created in a report I wrote Count (Name). This returns a count of the number of users who have widget A. This report has a 2 level hierarchy btw.

Now, I am trying to replicate the results by creating the measure within the Universe. I created the measure and low and behold when I use it in the report I get a Multivalue error on some of my rows, not all.

I did a little research and I think I need to use the aggregate function?

any one have any ideas?

ben.marder (BOB member since 2012-02-13)

I beleive you have not selected the aggregation function in the properties of your object. It should be in the advanced tab in the properties of your object.

Naresh Ganatra :us: (BOB member since 2004-04-09)

1. How did you define the measure?
  2. How many queries are in the report?

jagpreet (BOB member since 2012-01-26)

Have a look at Andreas post on object projected aggregation here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/71712

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thanks for the link!

I resolved the Multivalue issue, unfortunatly I am now getting my counts to return really high values. I believe I am double counting them in certain cases. What are some things I should be looking for in order to resolve this?

ben.marder (BOB member since 2012-02-13)

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion to Semantic Layer - MichaelWelter]

Make sure that aggregate function in the select of the object is a COUNT(), and that the aggregate function on the Properties tab of the object is Sum.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

[quote:ed5c48652d=“ben.marder”]Thanks for the link!

I resolved the Multivalue issue, unfortunatly I am now getting my counts to return really high values. I believe I am double counting them in certain cases. What are some things I should be looking for in order to resolve this?
[/quote]

Ben,

Have you tried a count distinct?

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

ben.marder,

Don’t forget that an object with a count-function (and a sum-projection of course) in combination with other dimension-objects could result in incorrect (high) results.
A simple example…

data:
dim1	dim2
aaa	bbb
aaa	ccc

query:
select dim2, count(distinct dim1) as count_dim1 from table group by dim2

results:
dim2	count_dim1 
bbb	1
ccc	1
Total	2

2 is not the correct result. It should be 1.
But that is impossible to query in combination with object dim2

Hope this helps,
Johan

JdVries :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-02-06)

For Count Distinct the correct projection is DATABASE DELEGATED, you will then get 1 as the grand total in your example, Johan :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Andreas,

But only in WebI… :lol: of course…

Johan

JdVries :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-02-06)

Why, of course yes! Is there anything else worthwhile besides Webi? :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)