BusinessObjects Board

Is there anyway to get the metadata of a Webi report in xml?

Hi Experts,

I have few queries regarding SAP BO. Hope this is the best place to get them resolved… :smiley:

1. Can we export the Webi report metadata in any structured format (in both SAP BO 3.1 and 4.1 ?

2. Using BO 4.1 SDK, can we query the universe and get the information like reports, blocks and dataprovider.

Thank You…
Anticipating help fellas!! :wave: [/b]

surajbhosle484 (BOB member since 2014-04-18)

Here is a link to some info on question 1

You cant query a universe and get the report info per your second question but per the link above and below you should have what you need

kmcmanus (BOB member since 2005-09-02)

Thank you for the reply, Kevin.

So its clear that it is not possible to query the universe or create new reports in BO 4.1 using Java SDK.

I read somewhere that querying the BO 4.1 universe can be achieved using Rest Protocol/web services. :crazy_face:
If anyone has implemented or knows how to , please help/guide !! :slight_smile:

Yes, you can create queries the universe and build reports now with the RESTful API, but the definition of reports, blocks and dataprovide is in the repository and document objects not in the universe itself. I hope that makes sense.

Exporting the content in any format is where the development comes in. We have done it with XML, JSON and other formats. there are several tools that download the info to databases and CSV as well.

If there is something specific you want help with feel free to contact me directly otherwise playing with the samples or a class may be a good start.

Thanks

Kevin, does repository concept exist in BO 4.1? If yes, then can you please tell me how can i access the info like reports, blocks and dataproviders in case of BO 4.1?

Also if possible, can you name the tool that can be used to exports the info to cvs or excel?

Thanks for your time… :cheers:

1 Reports can be done several ways through Enterprise SDK and Resful API

2 Block are within the report so while some identification can still be done with ReBean SDK new development should start with RESTful API

3 Data provider identification cna be done through Enterprise SDK but more detailed info may require the RESTful API or Data Connector SDK

4 in terns of tools most of them write to a database from which you can then write reports on a short list is www.infolytik.com, Auditlaunch.com, etc or look on BOB for one off non supported solutions like these

and

After exploring RESTful API, I am able to retrieve dataprovider and query related information from the BO report; also I was able to create a blank report with no dataprovider.

Is it possible to create a simple BO 4.1 report with a basic table using REST API??

If anybody has been able to create basic reports in BO4.1 using SDK/REST API…please guide!!

:cheers: