BusinessObjects Board

Is there a way to detect an unresponding WIDispatcher?

User clicked on the (Big Blue) logon button and hung, can’t logon. The problem was the unresponding WIDispatcher.

We used to have a cronjob to kill the WIDispatcher every 3 hours. However, is there a better way to detect an unresponding WIDispatcher process?

H lee.

WebI 2.6.3
BO 5.1.x
Solaris 2.7

hlee :canada: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Were you able to figure out how to monitor the WIDispatcher? We are experiencing similar issues with WebI hanging after clicking the Login button.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that it was the non-working WIDispatcher, and not any other modules?

:hb:

k0singh (BOB member since 2004-09-28)

Tell us a little more. Are you on Windows? What version. The original poster was on 2.6.x. Are you 2.7.x (6.5.x)? It’s likely wiapibroker that’s the problem.

What app server are you using? I’ve seen issues with Tomcat.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Our environment:

BO 5.1.8/2.7.4
Windows 2000 SP4
IIS 5.0

k0singh (BOB member since 2004-09-28)

Every 3 hours?? That is ca-razy!

What is your environment, manager / nodes? How many users, boxes?
Do you by chance have more than 1 network card in your servers?

There has to be some problem here - I would never want to restart that often; you have to be kicking people off less than gracefully…

B.

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi,

We have deployed a monitor which uses WICorbaPing to ping the interface and runs every 10 minutes. It sends an alert after 3 consecutive failures. Here is a sample .

/Server/System2.5/bin/WICorbaPing -interface “$i” -timeout 10 > $SCRIPT_HOME/response.txt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Murali

murali_bo2002 (BOB member since 2002-08-26)