BusinessObjects Board

Is there a restriction On the number of Variables ?

Ive got a report with 5 dataproviders, each with 10 objects in for some reason its drops a few variables in that they dont appear report manager though I can see them in the Data Def tab as data returned any ideas ?

Rich :uk: (BOB member since 2002-10-04)

I have written reports that are much larger than that and have not experienced the dropping that you mention.

Are you sure? What version are you on?

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

There may be some limit but it ain’t 50! Could it be that some are defined as formulas rather than variables? You’re saying that some of the 10 objects from each query do not appear in the report manager - what for one data provider, all of them?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I am having the problem the other way. I can see some extra variables in the Report Manager, related to the old data providers which are not used/renamed in the existing report. I tried with out success to remove them!

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

Im using 5.1.3, Ive just deleted the dataprovider and recreated it and its fine now, bit strange may be it was just one of those BO X-file glitchs that just happen sometimes and that just cant be explained :blue: like the
video card of death error :twisted:

Well call some of us Fox Mulder but here are many resolutions - some more permanent than others to, as you call it, the video screen of death. Some of my users ring me up and say - I’ve got that blue bug - can you come and swat it… :lol:

Blue Bug

Ok,

Ive seen the problem again, when I renamed the dataprovider from it was called by default the problem happened :crazy_face:

So whats the workflow?

1. Create 5 queries each with 10 objects
  2. Rename each query
  3. Look in Data Map only to see that there are not 10 objects under each query?

It only seems to be effecting the 5th dataprovider, my workflow is as follows. I a create each DP in turn and each time I rename them to something more meaningful, all is fine till I get to the 5th DP when I have run the query all the variable are there in the report manager, however once Ive renamed the DP around 4 of the variable disapear from this one DP in the report manager area, it doesnt effect any other DPs :nopity: .

Are you sure they’re disappearing? Maybe they’re just moving around alphabetically. What if you use the map and hit the ‘show me the variables by data provider’ rather than alphabetically?

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

There definatly not there, however if I save the report close and re-open it they are, very very strange.

Not to worry though as I can not see them its not a prob.

:crazy_face: