BusinessObjects Board

Is there a managero type universe available for XIR2

Hello,

I utilize the managero universe all the time to run queries about my universes in V6.52. Now that we are moving to XIr2, I was wondering if there was a similiar universe available for this new enviornment. Specifically, I want to create a query that will display the class, object, and select statement.

I have searched around and haven’t found anything.

Thanks for your assistance.

MichelleS (BOB member since 2006-05-17)

The universes aren’t held in the repository (system) database in XI, they’re in the file system. The system database just holds a pointer to the universe. I guess it’s the SDK if you need this sort of information, or else something like Noad’s EQM, which is probably overkill if all you want to do is document the universe. However this post looks like it might do what you want - Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK

Gillian :uk: (BOB member since 2005-08-18)

On a similar theme…

I am in the unfortunate position of having to concurrently develop multiple versions of the same universe to be implemented in different phases of our project. So I am developing versions 2 and 3 of the Universe at the same time, with version 3 incorporating all features present in version 2 plus additional enhancements.

Because of the concurrent development, I have to be very careful that the Object ID’s are carried forward from one version to the next. Using v5 I can monitor this using the following SQL for Objects:

SELECT
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_C_FILENAME,
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_C_LONGNAME,
  UNV_OBJECT.OBJECT_ID,
  UNV_OBJECT.OBJ_NAME,
  UNV_OBJECT.OBJ_HIDDEN
FROM
  UNV_UNIVERSE,
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES,
  UNV_CLASS,
  UNV_OBJECT
WHERE
  ( UNV_UNIVERSE.UNIVERSE_ID=OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_N_ID  )
  AND  ( UNV_CLASS.UNIVERSE_ID=UNV_UNIVERSE.UNIVERSE_ID  )
  AND  ( UNV_OBJECT.UNIVERSE_ID=UNV_CLASS.UNIVERSE_ID and 
UNV_OBJECT.CLASS_ID=UNV_CLASS.CLASS_ID  )
  AND  (
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_C_LONGNAME  =  @variable('Select 1st Universe')
  )

and the following SQL for Conditions:

SELECT
  UNV_PROPERTY.PROPERTY_ID,
  UNV_PROPERTY.PRP_NAME,
  UNV_PROPERTY.PRP_HIDDEN
FROM
  UNV_PROPERTY,
  UNV_UNIVERSE,
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES,
  UNV_CLASS
WHERE
  ( UNV_UNIVERSE.UNIVERSE_ID=OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_N_ID  )
  AND  ( UNV_CLASS.UNIVERSE_ID=UNV_UNIVERSE.UNIVERSE_ID  )
  AND  ( UNV_CLASS.CLASS_ID=UNV_PROPERTY.CLASS_ID and UNV_CLASS.UNIVERSE_ID=UNV_PROPERTY.UNIVERSE_ID  )
  AND  (
  OBJ_M_UNIVERSES.M_UNI_C_LONGNAME  =  @variable('Select 1st Universe')
  )

We are now in the process of migrating to XiR2. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can do the same in XiR2?

Many thanks…

anorak :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)

Hi,

Yep no longer possible. Dwayne’s macro is a good workaround. May be you simply need to modify it to achieve your needs.

Regards