BusinessObjects Board

Is not like that

I don’t have the original universe. There are no objects that I can hide or edit.

I have a new universe that was already edited. I need to change the report to use the new universe (same universe but with objects renamed). And is Desktop Inteligence (not me) that deletes obsolete objects. Can I stop BO from deleting obsolete objects? That way I can go and sustitute one object by one object until it works. Instead of guessing which objects where supposed to be there and adding them.

rimugu (BOB member since 2006-07-11)

Hi Rimugu,

If you open the BO-report in Notepad and search for ‘SELECT’, you can find the select-statement(s).
Here you can check the definition of the used objects and predefined conditions.
If you can combine this info with the name of the used objects (report manager) you can find out what objects you have to drag and drop from the new universe to regenerate the ‘original’ query.

This is a time-consuming and tricky process and only applicable for a small number of reports/dataproviders.
Maybe somebody has a better solution?

Hope this helps,
Johan

JdVries :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-02-06)

This is all out of context, and confusing.

I think you posted a new topic instead of continuing your discussion in your original topic.

Even if you had rephrased the question here, we would have called it cross-posting, which is against the rules, and would have locked this topic.

This is worse, because it’s not even in context. Please continue discussion in the original topic.

Topic locked.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)