BusinessObjects Board

Is it possible to merge 2 different ver of Universe into one

Hi All,
Thank u for your responses for comparing the Universes.But i would like to know in detail about ManagerO.I m using Oracle but how do i use ManagerO and where is it?.Actually the problem doesn’t end here.After knowing the difference i need to merge the 2 universes into a single Universe which will encompass the contents of both Universes.If possible please let me know the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitesh Rana.

nitesh_rana (BOB member since 2004-12-02)

ManagerO is on the installation CD’s or from tech support. I think there is also a copy on BOB’s downloads.

I don’t know of anyway to merge two universes automatically. The ‘only’ way is to do it manually. What changes do you think there are? if it is new or amended objects you can simply copy them from one universe to another.

new tables, contexts or joins are different, personally I wouldn’t want this automated anyway.

dessa

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Managero univers is supplied in your bo cd. If not, you can easily found it on the web. You have to create a secured connexion to your bo repository, use it with managero and export it to the repository.

About your question of merging two univers. it depend on a lot of things. It’s the same univers but you aren’t sure about which is the most recent ? two univers different you want to merge to simplify reports using it ? are this univers based on same connexion and database ?

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hell, it’s even on BOB! https://bobj-board.org/t/29473

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)