BusinessObjects Board

Is it possible to export user resources?

Hello,

First, excuse me for my english, i’m trying to do my best… :oops:

We are migrating a BO refentiel from a server to another. To do that, we have dumped our database, exported our users … and now our tree domains (security, users, documents) are OK on the new server
But we don’t know how to export user resources automatically??
It seems to be impossible with Supervisor, but if someone knows how to to it with scripting for example, it could help me! :slight_smile:

Than you,

Meg.

meg014474 :fr: (BOB member since 2004-12-08)

if you make a full dump of the bo repository, all users & theirs ressources will be moved from one repo to another? is it not what did you made ? :confused:

You can export users from repo but you are not able to do the same thing with ressource. Maybe with eavy scripting stuff but i don’t think is it interesting.

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

When I dump all the bo repository I have all my docs, universes, and users OK but their rights to access to the reports and the universes are setted to default configuration.

I mean that my two repositories are the same, one on a developpement server and the other on a production server, except for the rights, and what i’d like to know is how to export those rights from the first repository to the second ?

Thanks

Meg.

OK but their rights to access to the reports and the universes are setted to >default configuration.

strange ! Rights to access are stored in the repository so if you made a backup / restore of your first repo to create the second one, they would be identical !

Humm, I see you are at Toulouse ! You are lucky to be there ! There is a lot of work on BO there ? :wink:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Ok…it’s a mistake, I’m really sorry :oops:
(I’m so tired today ! :slight_smile: )

Indeed, with the dump, there is no problem…
But if I choose the solution to create the repository from the beginning, I have the option to export the users but I can’t export their rights by using Supervisor. And I wanted to know if it’s possible to do it with a script.

Well, it’s cool to live in toulouse, and for BI, I think it’s the beginning here, except in the biggest enterprises like Air France…
But it’s going to change, little by little…

:slight_smile:

Meg.

Word of caution:
In your new Business Objects repository (read new *.key file) have you re-pointed all your universe domains and document domains to the new database locations? Else you might end up with a crosslinked repository which is almost non-recoverable, see this Supervisor FAQ entry covering “Moving a Business Objects Repository”.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Yes, I’ve done it, thank you. :slight_smile:

Meg.