BusinessObjects Board

Instances number

Hi,
My task is to list down the number of instances per the each report in the Repository.

Can I do this using admin access to the CMC?

Since My ID has only limited access to the info view, I cant view all the reports and their instances.

Is that compulsory to have the admin access to the info view, for this task?

kivi :us: (BOB member since 2007-12-26)

Hi,

For your task, you must have either access to all the reports or admin rights.
You can the get the instance count of each report from the Infoview.

Raj_admin :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

That is a big job without the right tools. There is not necessarily a simple way to get that without help from a 3rd party tool where you can get the list of reports, the total number of instances, size, etc.

Eric Vallo :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Not really. If you know how to get this information from the BO system database then you can use either Query Builder or a BO report with a VBA-based data provider.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

For the sake of being clear, the question was about using the CMC to drive out that information, thus my response.

While I don’t disagree with you, the Query Builder can’t aggregate the results as requested and the developer has to have SDK knowledge as suggested.

My two cents…

And my reaction was that you actually do not need a 3rd party tool. BO offers all what is needed - Query Builder and/or a data provider based on a VBA :slight_smile:

Of course, some knowledge of SDK is needed :yesnod:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

You got me. Point taken :yesnod:

Check out this topic in BOB Downloads: https://bobj-board.org/t/118177. You may need to modify it a little to get what you want, but it should give you a start.