BusinessObjects Board

Infoview pointing to old server name

Hello,

Recently we changed the server name on our existing Business Objects XI 3.1 server. We recreated all the Servers and we are able to login to Business Objects CMC, Webi Rich Client on the server and the PC’s without any issues.

When ever we try to login to Infoview it is still pointing to old server and gives error message that the server not found with the old server name. The application is deployed using Apache Tomcat. I am not sure where is the option to update the Configuration files with the new server name so that the Infoview can connect to the new server name and login to Infoview.

Please let me know where are the Apache Tomcat Configuration files to update the serer name. The installation is for BO XI 3.1

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Raju

Rajua99 :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-16)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\WEB-INF (or whatever the equivalent is for your system) and edit Web.XML.

Look for the cms.default tag, which should be toward the top of the file. Change the param-value to the correct server/cluster name. Save the file. Restart Tomcat to get this to take effect.

You may have to delete the temporary internet files in the browser you’re using to connect to the system in order to see the correct CMS name.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

What is the path for IIS deployment…

I updated the web.xml file under the below folder but still Infoview is looking for the old server name only…I updated and rebooted the server also…

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\warfiles\WebApps\InfoViewApp\WEB-INF

Is there any other place also we need to update for IIS Deployment…

Rajua99 :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-16)