BusinessObjects Board

Information on SABE201, 301 exams from BO

Hi,

Can anyone help me with some pointers regarding the SABE201, SABE301 certification exams from Business Objects?
I navigated the business objects website and couldn’t gather much information about the syllabus for these XI exams.

Scanned through the certification sticky in BOB and it doesn’t seem to be upto date with XI.

I’m looking for the following info

1. Course syllabus
  2. Recommended study material
  3. Type of exam (Objective type with one correct answer, multiple correct answer etc or descriptive exam?)
  4. Average preparation time.

Regards,
Vaidhy

vaidhyee (BOB member since 2005-12-20)

You can look up most of that information on www.vue.com.

To be prepared I recommend attending the official training courses conducted directly by Business Objects or a certified training partner.

All exams are multiple-choice question.

Keep in mind that typically the software vendor reserves the right to change the exam format anytime withpout prior notice though.

I hope that simulations will be included sometime.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks Andreas. Guess that would be a good starter.

Vaidhyee

vaidhyee (BOB member since 2005-12-20)

If I am not mistaken these classes are in fact mandatory.
The classes are SA210R2 SA310R2 and SA410R2.
They are also available as e-Learning. You can purchase them from any BO Authorized Education Partner.

JF Cayron :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

There’s no obligation to do these courses before taking the exam - in the UK, anyway (although it’s a very good idea to do so). No checks are made. I don’t know if it’s different in other countries.

Gillian :uk: (BOB member since 2005-08-18)

I’m locking this topic. We have a “Sticky” topic here at the top of this General Discussion forum, which is intended for discussions about certification exams.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)