BusinessObjects Board

INFO:Apache ActiveMQ and DS version compatability matrix

Hi,

We are about to migrate from DS 12.2 to DS 14.2 and for real time adapter we are using JMS Adapter for which we use Apache ActiveMQ v4.1.2.

When using ActiveMQ 4.1.2 with DS 14.2 the adapter starts but is giving the following error.

[SAX Parser Error] :1:23 : cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'AdapterConfiguration'

Even through we are seeing this error the adapter starts successfully and is processing files. Opened a SAP ticket and they have confirmed its a bug and development team is made aware.

What i am looking for is kind of a PAM document that would compare different versions of Apache ActiveMQ that are supported by SAP Data Services 14.2?

Any help?

Thanks[/b]

boe_bods :india: (BOB member since 2008-03-14)

Any insight to this folks?

You can ignore the error message that you are seeing
What is other error after this

Have you set the active MQ jars in the class path ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Yes Manoj, the class path is defined when setting up adapter.

The issue we are facing currently is the Real time service is processing the record, we can see this in the target table where data is updated, but the XML file is also sent to Reject queue. When we process the XML from the reject queue the files are processing without any error.

The Monitor and error logs are empty. Any insight where i can look into for this?

When i start the Adapter for the first time, it only shows this error message, nothing else, but the adapter starts successfully. Apart from the above error nothing is listed in Adapter error log.

Played around with setting up some real time jobs and the files are getting processed. The ones that failed to process the XML files had this

Attached here is the real time service trace log.

Also, Is there any documentation around SAP Data Services different types of Adapters? In this instance JMSAdapter, what versions of Apache ActiveMQ are supported by SAP Data Services 4.2?

Regards…
RT_JOB_Tracelog.TXT (49.0 KB)

this is the job server log, you need to look at the service log, click on the log history tab under realtime node in the management console

or you can also look at the DS_COMMON_DIR\log<JobServerName><RepoConnStr><RT_Service_name>_trace.txt

JMS Adapter is a generic Adapter for any JMS Provider, there is no certification especially for activeMQ, you should be able to use most version of ActiveMQ with JMS Adpater, if some messages are getting processed, then I don’t think it’s an issue with Adapter it’s a problem with your real time service

if you are not able to find the root cause, open a support incident and let me know the number

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)