BusinessObjects Board

Increase performance

Hi,

I have created one report, it contains only 3 dimensions and one measure. The details are also very less.
My DB and check integrity functions also perfectly ok. But it is very slow?
How to do increse the performance?.

Thanks,

thangavelu :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-14)

Thangavel,
There are lot of things to do to increase performance… May be at database, report,network,server configuration,client configuration like that like that…

If the same query directly at database is slow, consider tuning database/tables at database level. (May be like Indexing, Partitioning or something).

If you use 6.5 , try to implement index awareness with Primary key.

If the one measure you indicated is a “summable” measure, consider the SQL statement of the measure object to be SUM().

Good Luck
Manu

mada :denmark: (BOB member since 2004-11-25)

My Database level and universe level everything is fine. checked the sql qury, it also fine.

thangavelu :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-14)

Well if the SQL query runs “faster” directly on database then i think BO would be trying to do all the aggregation.

Another thing worth watching would be the “Array Fetch Size” in Connection parameters. Try increasing it to see whether performance is affected.

or even the connecting time that username used in universe takes to connect to database.

Manu

mada :denmark: (BOB member since 2004-11-25)

If you give us more info we may be able to help further…

What DB are you using?
What middleware are you using?
2 or 3 tier deployment?
Type of DB schema?
Row count?
Time difference BO and your DB SQL editor?
version of BO?
Deployment locations - are all the boxes in one room together?

Cheers

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Remember that integrity checks only look for things that cause errors. They have no bearing on performance.

The first thing to determine is if the SQL statement is taking a long time to return or if the report is taking a long time to perform calculations on the data that is returned. The easiest way to check is to look under Data>View Data. On the definion tab, check the Duration. This does not always pin point the problem, but it is where I always start.

I also have a document about performance on my web site listed below. I maintain it for my personal use, but feel free to look at it.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

How about starting with this entry in Reporter FAQ :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)