BusinessObjects Board

Including ALL in prompt

How do I include ALL in list of values in a prompt? How do I get to do this in designer.

Chandru

tendulkar :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-15)

It can be as easy as reading through this post in FAQ Designer :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

(@Select(Sales Geography\Country Group) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or 
enter * for all groups','a','Sales Geography\Country Group',multi,free) ) OR 
('*' in @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Sales 
Geography\Country Group',multi,free))

When I use this exact same code as given in Designer FAQs, Iā€™m getting a ā€˜missing right paranthesisā€™ error message.

Try this one

@Select(class\City Name) IN @Prompt('Select City Name(s) or Enter ALL for all values ',ā€˜Aā€™,ā€˜class\City Nameā€™,Multi, Free) or ā€˜ALLā€™ in @Prompt('Select City Name(s) or Enter ALL for all values ',ā€˜Aā€™,ā€˜class\City Nameā€™,Multi, Free)

-Ravi.

Ravi_Pazhani (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

You have an extra open parenthesis after the OR. Try this:

(@Select(Sales Geography\Country Group) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Sales Geography\Country Group',multi,free) ) OR '*' in @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Sales Geography\Country Group',multi,free))

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Ravi,
I tried your code too. I got this error.

ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected :-923

Michael,
I tried your code and am still getting a missing right paranthesis message.

This is the code I tried.

(@Select(Orders\Org1) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Orders\Org1',multi,free))  OR '*' in @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all goups','a','Orders\Org1',multi,free)

This works fine for meā€¦but have you changed the class and object name to your universe/object?

Also try and drag this filter condition object into the query panel with some other objects and run itā€¦

-Ravi.

:confused: Can somebody help me hereā€¦ :?:

You are creating a predefined universe condition, correct?
What is the exact SQL code of your predefined condition (resolving the @SELECT etc.)?
Have you tried building your predefined condition step by step and parsing it at every step?

(@Select(Orders\Org1) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Orders\Org1',multi,free))  OR '*' in @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all goups','a','Orders\Org1',multi,free)

This is the code I tried. Iā€™m not able to get it parsed. But however if I APPLY without parsing and continue, it does show me the prompt. But when I enter ā€˜*ā€™ in the prompt, Iā€™m getting a ā€˜Missing Right Parenthesisā€™ error or ā€˜Missing FROM keywordā€™.

Chandru

A) This is not the actual SQL code, look at the real SQL code where the @Select(Orders\Org1) is resolved to actual SQL code.

B) Did you try running this code alone and see if it works?

'*' IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or *', 'a', , multi, free)

It will not parse as it does not reference any table, but it should work when building a report.

C) Did you try running this code and see if it works?

@Select(Orders\Org1) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or *', 'a', , multi, free)

Just start with basic troubleshootingā€¦

@Select(Orders\Org1) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or *', 'a', , multi, free)
  • it says FROM Keyword missing when i enter the prompt value.

You have not answered this question, Chandru:

A) This is not the actual SQL code, look at the real SQL code where the @Select(Orders\Org1) is resolved to actual SQL code.

Double-click the predefined condition in Designer, next to the WHERE box are two arrows >>, click there, then check the box ā€œShow object SQLā€. Post that code here.

I tried it and it still says FROM keyword not found.

This was the object SQL that it generated.

(ORDERS.ORG1 ) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or *', 'a', , multi, free)

Iā€™m still not able to include ALL in the prompt.

Iā€™m trying to create a new object ALL.

(ORDERS.ORG1 ) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or *', 'a', , multi, free)

[/quote]

I think you should enter * to bring back all the data not ā€˜ALLā€™, also the code doesnā€™t look rightā€¦there should be class\object name after ā€˜aā€™ā€¦

-Ravi.

Hi,
I got it done. It was easy and simple. I just followed this document.

Hey! No direct links. :stuck_out_tongue:

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)