BusinessObjects Board

Including all available values from a table

I have a cross-tab report where for the row values I have error names, and the columns are each day w/in whatever date range is entered into the prompt.

The problem is that the report will only show the error names that have been used within that particular date range, and I need to show the entire list/table of errors (without having to enter a date range covering the existence of the error field), even if its values are zero across the board. Using only Web Intelligence (XI R2) with no back-end/universe access, is there a way I can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any guidance :+1:

sredden1 :us: (BOB member since 2011-06-09)

Looks like it is similar to the below posts: Display all the values

and Column Display

praveenmaddi (BOB member since 2011-05-10)

Guess I didn’t word my search right :smiley:

For some reason that’s not working… I probably should have specified that I’m using a variable (as opposed to an actual ‘field’/object), but I’m not sure why that would affect the outcome, assuming that’s a part of the problem… :?

You need to specify the complete list’s data provider name:
[Query 2].[Object] rather than just [Object]

When you say variable, where are you using the variable?

That’s what I did… :yesnod:

The variable is the object I’m trying to get the full list of. To be frank – it’s a mess. There were some variations of the error name in the beginning (this is a relatively new database I’m working with), so I had to create a variable to account for/combine the different variations of the same error (e.g., an error that said simply “Name” in a previous version now says “failed to verify name”, etc.)… I don’t want to return the old errors in the list, but the newer name including the counts of that older version.

If your variable contains just [Object] then guess what happens. :wink:

I’ve tried it both ways, but it still doesn’t work…