BusinessObjects Board

In Webi FC report's prompt takes more time

When we run the FC report in webi, it takes 30 seconds to show the prompt. When we ask BO Support they say, this is normal and they can’t optimize more. We want the prompt should be displayed in 10 seconds? Could anyone help me

Web Server : Http-server
Webi : 2.63

Thanks

Immanuelsamuel (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

You may find this thread of interest.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

No help, but I can give you sympathy. Same issue here, we utilize WebI to refresh FC docs. And we experience the same slow prompt issues, I am constantly getting asked why the prompts do not respond as quickly as they do when the reports are run in FC. The thread Cindy directed you to is definitely beneficial and I have utilized all suggestions mentioned(although I do not actually have the document onhand, that would be handy - anyone?) however, we do expereince anywhere from 15-35secs pers prompt and that adds up, especially on some of our WebI reports where we have 7 (and they are asking for more) prompts. What I have always had a hard time understanding is why if the LOV is exported with the Universe, is not refreshed, and physically resides on the WebI server why it would take sooooo long.

good luck

jswoboda :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

My LOV’s popped up fast after I exported them with the universe and stopped them from refreshing. The first time, it may take a while, as it needs to download from the repository to the server. But after that, they always came up pretty quick.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

What’s “pretty quick”, anything less than instantaneuos around here leaves room for b#%*#ing & moaning. Are you getting response times of 5 seconds or less?

Yes. Typically within 2 seconds, I’d say, after the first download.

:blue: - that’s pretty fast, I just went in to time my most problem child and I saw times from 5-15 secs, not bad, but no 2 secs. Anyway, are you refreshing FC docs and what is your viewing mode? I am using PDF.

Almost all of our docs were FC, however, we used the LOV’s for our Webi users, and they still came up pretty fast. We used HTML for our viewing mode.

Michael,

If you ever have a few minutes to put together a check list on all the options you use to publish an FC doc I would certainly love to see it just to make sure I am not overlooking something. You know, like…

export lov w/universe no auto refresh
make sure user real time rights disabled
enable user off line login
ect…

Or if you have a copy of Cindy’s doc I would love to see that too.

Thanks