BusinessObjects Board

In prompt text box - To show only date instead of date/time

Hi,

I am using BO XI R2 , DB2 v8.0.
I have created the following simple condional object in designer.

@Select(Table1\TimePeriod) BETWEEN 
     Date(@Prompt('Enter the From Date (MM/DD/YYYY)','D',,mono,free))
     AND 
     Date(@Prompt('Enter the To Date (MM/DD/YYYY)','D',,mono,free))

TimePeriod - is in 'mm/dd/yyyy' format.

In WebI Report panel , This prompt is showing  the calendar to pick up the date.

After selecting the date, In the text box the date is showing along with time. [ Ex:   2/11/2008 12:00:00 AM ].

Is it possible to truncate the time part and to show only date in the prompt text box.  The user is getting confusion , if it is showing like 12:00:00 AM.

Please give me a suggestion or any alternative method to achive this.

Thanks
vrkmei

vrkmei (BOB member since 2006-08-18)

There is a FAQ entry here that discusses the issue you have brought up.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dave,

Thanks for giving the reference.
     It's really useful to me.

But unfotunately I am not able to get the solution for my issue.

I am not talking about the LOV issue. As they said we can convert the date-time object to date by using the function.

In the prompt I have not used any LOV object, I left the LOV parameter as blank.

Here, the user can type the date or else they can pick up the date from calendar.

After picking up , It's showing date with time but I need to show date only.

Please correct me , if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
vrkmei

vrkmei (BOB member since 2006-08-18)

Unfortunately, that’s the way the calendar works. You can remove the time (and the calendar) by converting your object to a character string, which is why I linked you to the FAQ.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

You can tweak the javascript file used to build the calendar control but it is at best a hack though I’ve done it in our development environment. The issue for me was the calendar control behaviour would have been different between Crystal and Webi and didn’t promote a consistent look and feel for our users.

We are using XIr2 SP2 and the file I altered was located here: …\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\viewers\cdz_adv\lib\calendar.js

Again, this was a hack job just to see if I could do it and it hasn’t moved beyond development (no real testing). That said, to make this change, I simply commented out lines 241-256.

//value["H"]="";
    //value["HH"]="";
    //if (H==0){value["h"]=12;}
    //else if (H>12){value["h"]=H-12;}
    //else {value["h"]=H;}
    //value["hh"]=LZ(value["h"]);
    //if (H>11){value["K"]=H-12;} else {value["K"]=H;}
    //value["k"]=H+1;
    //value["KK"]=LZ(value["K"]);
    //value["kk"]=LZ(value["k"]);
    //if (H > 11) { value["a"]=o.PM; }
    //else { value["a"]=o.AM; }