BusinessObjects Board

Improve performance when Viewing Report

Hi All, i have a webi report which runs about 3 minutes. But when i click on view the report takes about 21 seconds(average) or so to open up. Any ideas on how to improve the report view performance? Does it have anything to do with server load? Any server settings to tweak to speed it up? Any ideas are appreciated.
The requirement is that my web team has to strip off the Business Objects logo etc(using sdk), and display the report in my company web page, so its looking sort of ugly as the web page is taking about 21 seconds just to display the report.

Some Report statistics:

• Report size is about 90 MB, as it has about 300 k rows of data(which i am aggregating using formulas)
  • Report has about 15 simple division formulas
  • Report is in Drill Mode. There are about 5 drill filters

Thanks,
Kon

konquistador :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

It sounds like you are running these reports as scheduled jobs, not on-demand? You can pre-load the cache for them by selecting that option when you schedule them, that should help with viewing performance.

You may also want to test the performance with the different viewers that are available to see which is fastest on your architecture. Generally the HTML viewer is the fastest in my experience.

b_demann :us: (BOB member since 2003-03-20)

90MB :shock: that is bad.
How many pages does the report have?
And why are you aggregating at the report level? This should be done on the universe side instead as best practice.

See also Why is my report so slow, an oldie but goldie 8)

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)