BusinessObjects Board

importing a report into another report can it be done?

Hi all,
Is there a way of doing this. I would like to make one report out of two seperate ones. Is there a way of importing or attaching one?

seabubble (BOB member since 2005-05-11)

You have the option of making multiple tabs. You can also have multiple dataproviders in the same report. What exactly is the requirement? Is it like you have developed two separate reports and now you want them to be merged?

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

Salam, The second is correct! I have made a one month report and then a three month report. I have finally made them both fully automatic and want to “join” them together without re designing one in the other.

Well. I’ve never done that kind of thing. May be some VBA utility can do it for you. Like may be you can copy the dataprovider etc. Not sure. Have to wait for other guys’ input. :expressionless:

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

OK. thanks Salam. Anyone know the answer. I’ve got a feeling it can’t be done.

Hi steve,

Not sure it will work but you could look at the dataprovider duplication utility available from the BOB Download area. If you have a look at the accompanying posts there maybe someone who had done something similar

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Stan saves the day again. Thanks ! Will have a go and post if I can get it to work. :slight_smile:

If you have any joy Seabubble post a reply please.
I asked BO Tech Support something very similar and they said it couldn’t be done.

jemmo (BOB member since 2004-10-15)

will do jemmo. well busy now trying to get reports out by EOD. will get back asap.

I recently downloaded a Data Provider utility written by Dwayne from BOB downloads. That should work in your case. The utility allows you to copy data providers and variables across reports. Once you copy the data provider, all you need is to add a tab and display results.

I hope this helps.

Kashif

Kashif Saeed :pakistan: (BOB member since 2004-06-02)

Kashif, I have downloaded the file and saved it in the BO directory, and loaded it the add in section but it is not showing in the menu items. Whats happening :?

Hi steve,

So it is not appearing in the Data Menu?

Thats right. I selected it with the tick box and went to the data menu but Nothing!

Hi,

Did you get up the upgrade message box when you double clicked on it after downloading. Funny thing is I don’t see it if I go to Tools addins but I have all the options available.

Stan, When I click on the file it swaps to BO and sits there. I go to tools add ins and it is listed. How do I know its working and how do I select it? :?

When it moves to BO If you go to Data you should see the option in the menu to copy variables and copy data provider. Are you on version 6? Did you download the correct version?

My downloaded version is 2.2

Here’s the downer Stan. We only have 5.0.2 !!! :cry: I suppose nothing will work in this old version. !

Hi,

I am sure that the original version worked on early version 5. If you have a look at the messages associated with the post or alternatively post a topic in that discussion then I’m sure Dwain will reply. It may be that you have downloaded a later version.

I have just looked and it was originally built against 5.1.5.

How do you find version 5.0.2? I bet you are looking forward to upgrading!!

LOL. I went on a course three months ago and got some samples and lessons on a disk. BUT I can’t run them as they are v6. And yes I can wait for the upgrade. I think they should do it in the next year!!!. I will have a look at the other posts and try and work it out. Thanks. The reports I am working on now are streaching my knowledge as I am more of a CR person. This version of BO does’nt let me do enough with charts. Managers like lots of charts and trend lines. Will post more questions no doubt v soon. :slight_smile: