BusinessObjects Board

import data from excel to data provider

dear all,

i have a set of 50 cells of numbers in excel.i need to invoke these values in my data provider.is there any option for directly importing the excel file to data provider or any other option than manually entering these 50 values

saianoop (BOB member since 2008-03-06)

Hi Saianoop,
Welcome to B:mrgreen:b,
You can use the excel as the data provider.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

Hi Omkar,

really appreciate ur quick reply.let me make it more elaborate.i actually need toinvoke these 50 values into a condition of the universe dataprovider.i dragged and dropped a condition from the left side screen.so it is here i want to insert these 50 values. awaiting ur reply :slight_smile:

Hi,
If you are using BO 6.5 then there is a function of using the values coming from a data provider, then mention there excel as your data provider.
Please refrain form using the instant messenging abbreviations as this is agaisnt the forum rules.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

Hi,

I am using Business Objects 6.1.any solution?

Another option is discussed here … Create an InList from an Excel spreadsheet.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I’m trying to use Excel sheat as a data provider in DeskI. When I have for example column A (ID’s) and try to run “WHERE myTable.ID In List my_excel_column_A” it gives an error if column A has over 3000 rows.
Is this because of BO or my database DB2 version9

Error is like: Query is too long or etc…

The same happens also when using “In List (query results)” in WHERE-clause.
“In List (Subquery)” works fine with >> 3000 values returned by subquery.

MastahYoda (BOB member since 2008-05-29)

I’m not experienced with DB2, but I think the “symptoms” you are seeing is understandable. In the “query results” list, BusObj has to form the entire SQL, and clearly there is a limit. The “subquery” list is all handled inside the database … no (or virtually no) limit.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I think you are right. However is there any way to use Excel here as a dataprovider? Of course I can make a new table, then load Excel data there and use the new table in subquery. I’m just wondering if there is a built-in solution in BO for these kind of situations? Or maybe I need to modify query memory settings in DB2…

MastahYoda (BOB member since 2008-05-29)