BusinessObjects Board

IIS and (Tomcat or WebSphere )

Hi all,

for the deployment my choices were oriented to JSP technology because of the additional features it allows compare to ASP.
But the technical Staff in the society only use IIS Web Server with Windows, they don’t want Apache. So they tell me:
Web: IIS
JSP Application : WebSphere or Tomcat

I don’t know well WebSphere and I don’t know about compatibility between ISS and Tomcat…
What do you know about JSP deployment with IIS… is it common? What are you suggesting? Switching to ASP and only IIS?

Toby :fr: (BOB member since 2005-10-28)

Hi Toby,

You could have IIS and Tomact I think that there a number of posts regarding the subject. I seem to recall someone also had posted some instructions about setting up the connection between the two. I think it was ‘komoshon’ who posted maybe you could search on his posts?

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Yes, IIS and Tomcat work fine together. It’s a while since I’ve done a configuration like this but it does work. Before installing Business Objects first make sure that IIS and Tomcat work together. You will need to create an ISAPI filter in IIS for Tomcat. I think there is documentation for how to do this on the Apache website.

tmarion :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

If I were to use IIS and Tomcat… would that allow me to use Live office… as well as NT authentication? Or would I need to continue to use IIS/.net(asp) for NT authentication, and have Apache/Tomcat for Live Office/Dashboard manager?

infinitiguy (BOB member since 2006-01-30)

Toby I have written a document that explains step by step how to bridge IIS and Tomcat. If you want a copy please drop me an email iand i will get a copy of it too you.

/offtopic any admins reading this could you tell me if there is an area i can upload this too as i have tried attacjhing it to the post and it says the file is too big…cheers

komoshon :uk: (BOB member since 2003-07-14)

Kris, did you try this topic?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick no i didn’t try that but i just have done and got this error

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/tomcat_and_iis.doc.

Cobblers, okay I’ll send you an email offline and we’ll get it uploaded that way.

Ooops, inadvertently deleted your mail - sorry Dave.

Dave the file is a little over 2 mb but dosn’t compress much with winrar. Idid try and zip it :wink:

edit:- ok the doc is now available from here

Its all great but it only works if you to separate install of tomcat. When I tried connecting IIS and tomcat what comes with BusinessObjects then it does not work.
It gives errors-.
“lb.getWork()reenable ajp13.b localhost 8009”

“lb_worker.service() all workers in error or disabled state”

“jk_channel_apr_socket.(296).channelApr-open()attempt to connect to 00e148f01”

“jk_worker_ajp13.c 331 ajp13.connect”

“reenable ajp13.localhost 8009”

tannx :estonia: (BOB member since 2006-02-20)