BusinessObjects Board

Identifying Duplicates

I have a report that once run, returns a lot of duplicate records. These records are identified by an Order I.D. number.

I wish to only view the duplicate records (where there is more than 1 instance of the same Order I.D. occurring) in the result set however cannot design a variable to do so.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance

RobbieL :uk: (BOB member since 2007-08-22)

There may be a possiblility of achieving this using a sectioned report(to apply section on another dimension) and applying count on OrderID object and then setting a condition in the hide section header option from Format-Section menu

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

I was able to achieve this on a report of mine by creating two variables and applying a ranking.

Var 1 = [Duplicate Count]

=CountAll( ForEach In Report

Var 2 = [Duplicate 1 or less]

= If( <= 1) Then 1 Else 0

Then apply ranking on Order No based on Var 2 on the bottom 1 and this should bring up all those that have 2 or more order numbers.

Not sure if this is the best way but it achieved the result I was looking for.

Hope this helps.

Fishbone :uk: (BOB member since 2007-06-27)

Just a quick update - finally managed this however I had to create a new variable to count the Order ID’s then section the report by Order ID.

I then applied a formula to show all those with >1 Order ID in the section =“1” Else “0” then applied a ranking on the top 1 which filtered out all the zero’s.

Many thanks for your help.

Just out of interest - is there a particular reason why a filter or even a section can’t be applied onto a measure?

Due to the aggregation functions such as Sum(), Max(), Count(), CountAll(), etc,… But why? This FAQ answers it.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Ahh that clears it up - thanks Jansi!!